It’s been a busy week of educational conferences this week across New Zealand – I challenge anyone to say teachers have ‘holidays’!
This is the first conference post this week, from the Edtech Google summit in Auckland where I managed to pop in for a day, connect with some fabulous folk there about Connected Educator Month (more on that soon) and share a wee session on using Google Hangouts for
- synchronous learning and meetings
- facilitating and recording blended professional learning approaches – multi opportunities to access learning can help give effect to the principles of Universal Design for Learning
- connecting learners to other learners and ‘experts’ in the global community
- …or starting your own TV channel;)
Slides appear below and a comparison of the two types of hangouts that Google+ offers.
- TeachMeetNZ: a regular hangout for NZ educators
- Connected Educator Month: register your interest in being part of this global, national calendar of events – which will include hangouts;)