“Wonderful , inspiring, reassuring and super professional…A great, funny way to end the day. Was uplifting, and just on the right note. Great presenting style.” — feedback on the Wellington Loop keynote address (2018)
An engaging and highly experienced presenter and facilitator, both online and face-to-face.Talk to me about educational workshops, speaking engagement and consultancy.
We can explore:
- Leading for change: Transforming and sustaining learning with learners at the heart.
- Powerful professional learning design that will take your teams with you.
- Inclusive design: Redesign learning and leading for a more inclusive, connected approach.
- Digital tech & curriculum strategic planning for leaders and schools; integrate technologies powerfully in learner-centred curriculum and pedagogy – and when we shouldn’t.
- Online community design: From ideation to facilitation, social networks and connectivity— when it works, when it doesn’t.
- Invitee — Education Symposium, Wellbeing and Key Competencies (Ministry of Education)
- Member —National working party developing the PLD priorities (Ministry of Education)
- Education Central panel exploring the ‘Tomorrow’s Schools Review’ (February 2019)
- Whole staff facilitation focused on inclusive practice, Nexus International School, Singapore (January 2019)
- Panelist, CORE Education Accelerator (June 2018)
- LoopED conference (June 2018) – keynote
- Invited panelist, 21C Skills Lab event (March 2018)
- Hawkes Bay Literacy Association (November 2017)
- Wellington Loop Breakfast (October 2017)
- NASDAP National Conference (August 2017) – keynote
- International Schools’ NZ Conference (May 2017) – keynote
- Energise Conference, Queenstown (April 2017)
- Education Law Symposium (March 2017)
- Netsafe Confronting Online Harm Together conference (Nov, 2016)
- ULearn16, Rotorua – Oct 2016 – keynote
- New Zealand Literacy Association National Conference, Oct 2016 – keynote
- Education Law Conference, Wellington (16 Sept. 2016)
- CORE Breakfast, Dunedin (August 2016)
- Mana Principals’ Association (May 2016)
- Leaders’ hui, Te Aho o Te Kura Pounamu – (Feb 2016) – panel
- Teacher Only Days’ consultancy – Wellington (Feb 2016)
- New Zealand Literacy Association (NZLA) National Conference, Sep 2015 – keynote
- NZATE National Conference, Jul 2015 – keynote
- CORE Breakfasts 2015 (Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington): Future focused education
- Whanganui Schools’ cluster, May 2015 – keynote
- Connected Learning Summit, Melbourne, April 2015
- Start of year kick-off, Naenae Cluster, Wellington
- Selected groups in 2015 to date: Naenae Cluster, NZQA
- Connected Educator Month NZ (Oct 2014)
- SpringboardTrust, Alumni Learning Platform (Oct 2014)
- ULearn14 (Oct 2014)
- #edchatnz conference [closing keynote] (August 2014)
- DEANZ14 Conference (April 2014)
- GAFE Summit (Auckland)
- Ministry / Connecting to the N4L managed network webinars (March 2014)
- Festival of Education (Wellington, 2014)
- Learning@School Roadshow
- CORE Breakfasts 2014 (Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin): Digitising professional learning
- NZTA Christchurch & Nelson; English resources (workshops)
- NZTA Secondary and Primary Schools’ (Chair)
- Southern Schools Cluster (Dunedin, Jan 2014)
- Selected schools: Red Beach, Medbury Prep, Worser Bay, Clifton Terrace, Owhiro Bay
- e-Leaders Symposium, Blenheim [Oct 2013]
- ULearn13: Invited speaker; workshop facilitation; research proceedings [Oct 2013]
- NZTA Secondary Schools Reference Group. Chair [Sept. 2013]
- Global Education First Conference, Chicago [Sept. 2013]: Innovating and Including: Creating Education First Environments
- NetHui 2013: Panel speaker (impact of broadband); Education stream facilitator [July 2013]
- NZCETA National Conference (2013), Christchurch; Keynote.
- Emerging Leaders’ Summit, 15 June 2013
- ICOT 2013: Workshop exploring the impact of social networks online for professional learning
- Learning@School Roadshow; Keynote: Social media for educators’ learning
- CORE Breakfasts 2013 – Invercargill, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch
- eWrapper ICT PD cluster. Keynote. (November 2012)
- ULearn12: Spotlight session (October 2012). Livestream recording.
- Taranaki APDP Association conference (August, 2012): Keynote and workshop exploring e-learning.
- Digital Daze ICT PD Cluster: Keynote and workshop with Chrissie Butler.
- Somerville-Willowbank-Point View (trischool) e-learning day (July 2012). Keynote.
- NZATE national conference (July 2012), presenting for the New Zealand Transport Agency
- CORE Education breakfast sessions: How to make virtual PD work for your school. I’ll be up early in Wellington (plus workshop), Christchurch, Dunedin and Invercargill (plus workshop).
- DEANZ national conference, April 2012: Enabling e-Learning.
- Wellington Regional Association of English Teachers: Awesome hour exploring two new English resources I’ve developed for the New Zealand Transport Agency (29 Feb 12)
- Learning@School, 2012 (#lats12): Workshops on e-learning for those new to technologies for learning.
Videos from the CORE Education EdTalks media team on exciting e-learning projects that I’ve been involved in, on behalf of the Ministry of Education (New Zealand) – and also on CORE’s 10 trends:
- ULearn, 2011. Workshops on Enabling e-Learning content/community, and the e-Learning Planning Framework.
- International Conference for Teachers of English (April, 2011). Panel discussion on ICTs in English.
- Launching e-Learning PD for 2011. Presentation to St Catherine’s College, Wellington (February, 2011)
- Workshop 1: eLearning and literacy: Powerful learning, not busy work (NZATE Conference, 2010)
- Workshop 1 notes (Word)
- Workshop 2: Online communities for learning (NZATE Conference, 2010)
- eLearning and literacy for the Wellington Teachers of English Association (slideshow).
- Using ‘web 2.0’ tools to support English teaching. An online workshop for NZATE Conference (2008).
- Web 2.0 and English. Slideshow prepared for Wellington English teachers’ conference (Victoria University)
All work on this site is covered by the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives Licence.