This is a neat selection of videos that explores the way different technologies are being integrated into teaching and learning. The New York Times asked teachers to submit videos that explored how technology had changed the way they teach…
The overwhelming themes that emerge are:
- Trust the students – be prepared to work with them.
- Collaboration and relating to others lies at the heart of how students learn about their worlds through technology.
- Connections and inquiry that never would have been made previously, both locally and globally, are now possible.
- Technology can support engagement for all students, especially those with different learning needs.
- The vital importance of everyone having access, not just a few, is central to strategic planning.
- Mobile computing, combined with cloud-based technologies, free the students and teachers from constraints of time and place.